Thursday, December 27, 2012

Beta 1

So on Christmas I got my first very faint positive home test but we were so excited to share the news with my parent's who had been constantly asking how I was feeling. Christmas morning I sent my older sister a text asking for suggestions on how to tell my parent's. My sister said to go and get a Christmas card from a grand child. My hubby didn't want to go and so I had a card that said a note from Rebecca. I put on the top that Mommy tested today and it was positive. Then on the inside I put I can't wait to meet you in early September...... Love your future grand child. My mom and I cried. So Tuesday night as I was getting ready for bed since we had to leave for the clinic early I got a phone call from the NP and the clinic was closed and she asked if I could do my beta today. My hubby and I left our house at 6:30 this morning and we got about 30 minutes away when we learned today that the clinic was also closed. I paged the doc on call since I was out of estrogen and progestrone and he called them in and said that if my OB was willing to do my beta then to get it done today and when I get the results then page him again and let him know. I called my OB and he was willing to do my beta and they called with the results. My beta is 26. That means today I am officially pregnant. DH and I had to run to wal-mart to get my perscriptions that Dr. B called in. I got back to LR on Saturday. This has been the best week of my life that I have had in a long time. I am so thankful for the re-assuring words from Dr. B today. I am blessed to have an amazing medical team. Tonight my awesome hubby and I are just relaxing. Tonight I leave you with this quote from one of my favorite songs

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead and sometimes you follow"

No comments:

Post a Comment